15 September 2016
As a result of the UK’s decision to leave the European Union (EU), we are working to assess the implications for medical research charities and make sure our voice is heard in the debate about the UK’s future relations with the EU.
- AMRC have developed a position statement on exiting the EU. Our position will be updated as policy developments unfold.
- We have made submissions on behalf of the sector to the Science and Technology Committee (Commons) inquiry on leaving the EU and the Scottish Parliament European and External Relations Committee inquiry on Scotland’s future relationship with the EU.
- AMRC is currently working with the wider research community to produce a statement on implementing the Data Protection Regulation [2016/679] in order to maintain a competitive environment for research in the UK and Europe
- AMRC is a member of the European Patients Forum.
Quality and standards
- We help our members to interpret EU legislation and its impact on funders.
- We hold workshops and provide support to help members make the most of EU funding opportunities
Data and impact
- The UK has one of the highest proportions of people choosing to donate money for medical research in Europe.