A one-day training workshop on the fundamentals of research management for research staff at medical research charities.
Who's it for?
Early career research management staff working at AMRC member charities and all research staff at medical research charities new to AMRC.
What we'll cover
- Awarding grants - the AMRC principles of peer review
- How medical research charities make those principles work in their organisations
- The importance of working to a research strategy
- Involving patients and the public in research
- Methods for research and impact evaluation
- Research and impact communications
- You will gain a good understanding of the core principles and stages of research management at AMRC member charities.
- You will learn from speakers from member charities how those principles work in practice so that you can gain practical advice on issues relating to research management.
- You’ll also get a chance to network with others working in your field, and become part of our network of research managers and administrators.