In summer 2012 we set out to develop a new strategic framework for 2012-17. We held workshops around the country, inviting members to think about what they need from AMRC in the future.
The outcome, our new strategy, holds at its heart two essential thoughts:
- AMRC membership is a hallmark of quality
- and AMRC should be the strong collective voice for medical research charities in the UK.
Our new strategic framework has three elements:
AMRC should help members meet their charitable objectives. We will:
- Offer high-quality training and seminars, and ensure the topics we cover reflect emerging issues facing our members
- Focus on producing pragmatic guidance and toolkits, which our members can use in their own work.
- Continue to operate a rigorous process on which our quality hallmark is founded.
Our role is to ensure as positive a climate as possible for research charities. We will:
- Scan the horizon for key developments
- Interpret the legislative and political environment so our members don't have to
- Represent the collective charity voice with government, partners and other stakeholders.
Medical research charities comprise a vibrant community with enormous potential to collaborate and learn from others. We will:
- Share with our members the valuable quantitative data we collect from them
- Offer opportunities for charities to work with industry and public funders
- Create opportunities for members to share learning to avoid duplication of effort and maximise the value of all they do.